Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nerves

So micah was supposed to be getting on a plane leaving iraq today/yesterday, about 2 am iraqi time or about 6 pm wednesday central time! my mind is all over the place from trying to clean and make things nice, to nerves and jitters of seeing micah again, to utter excitement. I seem not to be able to focus on much. I haven't heard from micah yet as to when he's to arrive in omaha but i'm guessing he's either flying at the moment or waiting very impatiently in some airport at who-knows-where location. it took almost two days when micah flew to iraq, with all his long layovers and the army in it's slow ways. so i'm expecting to pick him up tomorrow. in the meantime, i'm trying to fill my time with not thinking about it. i've read two books, made sawyer some shoes and am going to try to make a little jacket to go with sawyer's easter dress i made her. i would love to go for a walk but i'm still trying to rest my ankle so it doesn't hurt too much.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad he's coming home...wish I could see him so bad!

Anonymous said...

Lesley, I never did tell you but you look really cute in the hat, and with your hair long. Not everyone can wear that hairstyle, and that would be me. I trust that you can stay busy as possible, and first thing you know, Micah will be there!