Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Productivity

The last couple of days my creative juicy have been running, or I've just had a kick in the butt to actually do something... lol and really it's been a lot of fun. I've sewn, organized, and painted. I mean i do things all the time cleaning and picking up and all that jazz but it's nice having things to show for all your work. Creating is one of my great joys that God has given me... i think i need to do it more.
I was just stumbling through the internet the other day and found a super cute pattern for a little puppy stuffed animal... this is the 1st attempt so it's a little ragged the 2nd attempt was sent to my dear sweet sister who needed a long distant hug. (hope you liked it)
Here I pieced together a little dress for Sawyer for some wedding we have this summer including my mother's. I also for the second time only did a little embroidering. it turned out pretty good, though you can tell it was a novice attempt, hope it goes through the wash. and it's just super cute on sawyer... though i didn't get any pictures yet. ;) i will tho
Here is a cover out of an old pillow case. It hides a bunch of movies from view... more aesthetics than necessities.
This I've been working and for a little bit and with all the stuff that keeps coming up it took much longer than wanted to finish.... BUT it did get finished and it is my 2nd commissioned artwork ever! I'm very proud of it and think it turned out really well... i was scared for awhile... :)
here is some of the organizing I did in sawyer's room. they are on a shelf before and she would always take them and walk of with her shoes and head bands and such so i put them where she wouldn't get them and where i could always find them, and not have to go looking... kids are so crafty and we've got an extra mischievous one... lol
Speaking of the little girl here is her first ever ponytail... i just love that her hair is long enough to do this! and now if she's in a outfit that makes her gender ambiguous then i can add one of these and no one calls her a boy.... I just hate my little girl getting mistaken because i find her to be a beautiful little girl and not boyish. :)

This is just a cute sign i saw on a walk i went on... in the fast moving technology world the church is still trying to reach everyone... well i know i didn't have many pictures of us but I'm sure my next blog will be full of them... just wanted to share some of my recent accomplishments :D love you all!

5 comments:

Geri said...

I had no idea you were so talented!! That's pretty cool and that painting is incredible, is that you with Jeff and Erin??

alyssa spring said...

LOVE her little ponytail! Makes her already big eyes bigger! Can't wait to kiss her little cheeks someday....

MOM said...

YOU ARE AMAZING! I'm so glad we have a way for you to share your talents with us.

Unknown said...

i wanna pinch her cheeks :)

as always, fabulous job on the crafts :D

Unknown said...

i like this new layout, by the way :)